Le SEUL forum de fans français dédié au groupe anglais The Kooks

AccueilAccueil  PortailPortail  GalerieGalerie  FAQFAQ  RechercherRechercher  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  

Partagez | 

[TheKooks.com] The Kooks playing at Rockness festival?

AuteurMessage
Oreo
Eddie
Eddie

MessageSujet: [TheKooks.com] The Kooks playing at Rockness festival?   Mar 16 Mar - 5:03

Luke Pritchard of The Kooks: We're desperate to play Rock Ness
Mar 15 2010 By John Dingwall

KOOKS rocker Luke Pritchard is pleading with RockNess bosses to book his band - after being told it will be one of the year's hottest weekenders.

Strokes frontman Julian Casablancas has been raving about the Highland festival to Luke.

The Kooks are set to return to the studio to record their third album and Luke wants them to line up alongside The Strokes, Fatboy Slim and Leftfield at the three-day festival in June.

The singer said: "I haven't spoken with our agents about it but there are only two or three festivals in England we are doing and I want to do the RockNess festival in Scotland. I have heard it is really cool.

"We're not going to do tons of festivals and want to choose certain ones. We've played T in the Park loads and I've heard the scenery at RockNess is beautiful.

"I was at a Julian Casablancas gig and he was talking about how much he was looking forward to playing RockNess and a couple of other bands have told us how much they enjoyed playing there. Hopefully we'll be up in Scotland soon.

"We are planning a small guerilla tour. We'll just jump on the bus and announce them on the day and play new songs."

His band have just been confirmed among a raft of acts performing at this summer's Ibiza Rocks.

And The Kooks plan to head into the studio later this month for the follow-up to 2008's No1 album Konk.

"It's two years since the last album," Luke said.

"There's been a big change, there are a lot of female pop singers who seem to have sprung out of the ground.

"I enjoyed the Friendly Fires' album. There's been some great stuff, but in terms of British bands, I wasn't keen on much that I heard.

"I just hope it is the end of all these reality shows soon. Bring back grunge because it's all getting a bit much. It's car crash TV and it is really sad."

Luke admits he recently became the centre of unwanted media attention after dating Mischa Barton.

The pair split two months prior to the O.C. actress being committed to a Los Angeles psychiatric ward after being arrested for drunk-driving and marijuana possession.

"The attention we got was short and miserable," Luke said. "To be honest, it never got too intrusive though I feel bad for Mischa because she had a hard time. The constant criticism wasn't cool.

"Mischa was a nice little time and it ended. The attention we got didn't have that much effect on me.

"The worst thing that happened was having my mates phone up and ask, 'Are you going out with that bird, then?' It made me more wary of relationships in the public."

The Kooks play Mallorca Rocks' opening party with Zane Lowe on June 6 and Ibiza Rocks with Propaganda DJs on August 10.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Ozy
Modérateur
Modérateur

MessageSujet: Re: [TheKooks.com] The Kooks playing at Rockness festival?   Mer 17 Mar - 20:33

Sympa ce qu'ils prévoient de faire! Leur petit tour jour par jour! ;-)
Oreo
Eddie
Eddie

MessageSujet: Re: [TheKooks.com] The Kooks playing at Rockness festival?   Mer 17 Mar - 23:07

oui, la fin de l'article est un peu ragot, mais je suis contente que plus de festivals soient prevus Wink
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: [TheKooks.com] The Kooks playing at Rockness festival?   

[TheKooks.com] The Kooks playing at Rockness festival?
Page 1 sur 1